We Support Our Troops!
Join us for Military Appreciation Night, open to all active duty, retired and dependents with current military ID card!
UPCOMING VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Thursday, October 15th (5:45p-9:30p)
Friday, October 16th (5:45p-9:30p)
Saturday, October 17th (5:45p-9:30p)
Sunday, October 18th (12:45p-4:30p)
Friday, October 23rd (5:45p-9:30p)
Saturday, October 24th (5:45p-9:30p)
Sunday, October 25th (12:45p-4:30p)
**You must have completed a mandatory volunteer training at VLA before you can sign up to volunteer for shows**
Seeking Part-Time Costume Designer
Vive Les Arts Theatre is seeking a part-time costume designer. Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties of a Costume Designer
- study the script
- discuss ideas with the production designer, director, and make-up, set and lighting designers
- create costume ideas to fit the production’s design concept and budget
- research suitable costume styles, fabrics and designs
- sketch costume designs
- give instructions to costume makers, who would turn your sketches into real garments.
On smaller productions, you might also carry out some of the practical tasks, such as:
- managing the wardrobe budget
- buying or hiring outfits
- fitting, altering and adapting costumes
- cleaning, ironing and mending
- making sure that wardrobe items are available at the right time
- keeping the look of the costumes the same between shoots or scenes.